NARI of Madison, Inc. Mission Statement & Vision
NARI's Big Audacious Goal:
All Remodelers will want to be part of NARI and customers will insist on contracting with our members. The National Association of the Remodeling Industry, the “Voice of the Professional Remodeling Industry TM,” is the nation's only not- for-profit trade association specifically dedicated to the professional remodeling industry. NARI promotes ethical and sound business practices for the benefit of the industry and America's homeowners.
NARI was formed in 1982 by the merger of the former National Remodeling Association and the National Home Improvement Council. Today more than 100,000 individuals, associated with 7,000 member companies, contractors and suppliers, throughout the United States and Canada belong to NARI. The majority of these companies belong to one or more of the local Chapters of NARI. Many others belong as National Members, ie., major national or regional manufacturers and suppliers of building products and services.
Code of Ethics
Each member of the National Association of the Remodeling Industry is pledged to observe high standards of honesty, integrity and responsibility in the conduct of business:
- By promoting in good faith only those products and services which are known to be functionally and economically sound, and which are known to be consistent with objective standards of health and safety.
- By making all advertising and sales promotion factually accurate, avoiding those practices which tend to mislead or deceive the customer.
- By writing all contracts and warranties such that they comply with federal, state, and local laws.
- By promptly acknowledging and taking appropriate action on all customer complaints.
- By refraining from any act intended to restrain trade or suppress competition.
- By obtaining and retaining insurance as required by federal, state, and local authorities.
- By obtaining and retaining licensing and/or registration as required by federal, state, and local authorities.
- By taking appropriate action to preserve the health and safety of employees, trade contractors,clients and the public.
Our Core Purpose
To advance and promote the remodeling industry's professionalism, product, and vital public purpose
Our Core Values
The National Association of the Remodeling Industry is committed to being:
Professional - Ethical and honest; committed to high standards
Open - Diverse and respectful; inclusive of many views and dedicated to free expression
Progressive - Informed and knowledgeable; resourceful and flexible
Member-Focused - Focused on the importance of success, return on investment, and profit
All remodelers will want to be part of NARI and customers will insist on contracting with our members. We realize this goal through:
Recognition - NARI will be acknowledged as the only association representing the best interests of remodelers and their clients.
Reputation - NARI members will be recognized by remodeling consumers as leaders of the industry and the professionals of choice.
Quality - NARI members will consistently deliver high quality remodeling projects that ensure housing stock is safer, more comfortable and secure.
Advocacy - NARI will be the driving force for sustained success in a remodeling market characterized by a regulatory environment conducive to successful business, properly licensed professionals, safe and secure houses, and better communities.